Apply to join our Benchmarking Working Group!
Adaptation Scotland is excited to announce the opportunity for public body organisations to join the Adaptation Benchmarking Working Group. The Benchmarking Working Group is comprised of public bodies who work together to benchmark their progress and identify and share learning on climate change adaptation.
The Adaptation Capability Framework, launched by Sniffer in 2019, provides guidance and tools to help public bodies adapt to climate change. To support the use of the Framework, a Benchmarking Tool was developed to measure progress on adaptation, track the impact of actions and illustrate an organisation’s adaptation journey.
The Benchmarking Working Group:
- Supports organisations to use the Benchmarking Tool
- Facilitates peer to peer support
- Provides training and skills development
- Develops case studies and shares good practice
- Provides feedback to inform further development of the Adaptation Capability Framework
The group started in June 2019 and includes 30 major organisations including local authorities, infrastructure operators, universities and national public bodies. Following two successful years we are now offering the opportunity for a further 15 organisations to join the benchmarking working group in May 2022.
Who can join?
The Benchmarking Working group is open to professionals who are leading, or closely involved with implementing adaptation work within public sector organisations.
What level of commitment is expected from participants?
Participants are expected to:
- Commit to benchmarking adaptation progress of their organisation using the Adaptation Capability Framework Benchmarking Tool
- Participate in two in person* events per year. These events provide training and support to progress adaptation work and are designed in collaboration with the working group.
- Optional: Take part in monthly one hour working group calls to share experience and learning
*In person events may be replaced with online alternatives as required during COVID19 response and recovery
What will participants gain from being involved in the group?
Participants benefit from:
- Advice and support on how to use the benchmarking tool and identify next steps for adaptation work
- Space to reflect on learning and share experience with others
- Training and skills development covering topics such as facilitation, communication and project planning
- Opportunities to network and receive support from peers
- One to one support for your organisation
How can I get involved?
To apply to join the Benchmarking Group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th May 2022 with details of:
- Your name, role and organisation
- Confirmation that you are able to meet the commitments asked of working group members
- A couple of sentences setting out how you hope to benefit from and contribute to the Benchmarking Working Group.
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. New members will be invited to an introductory session to take place online on Wednesday 15th June 2022, 2pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Aoife Hutton or Ellie Murtagh, by emailing email@example.com.