Climate change and extreme weather may disrupt the lives of staff and customers or clients. It could mean staff are unable to travel to work. However a warming climate may provide more opportunity to be outdoors and for people to enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Hotter summers may impact the thermal comfort and productivity of employees in offices, as well as those that work outdoors, such as in the construction industry.
- Warmer conditions may impact the thermal comfort of customers, suppliers or others.
- More variable and extreme weather events could impact commuters and those that work outdoors.
- Increased frequency and intensity of extreme rainfall events, causing flooding of business premises, may cause staff to leave.
- Reduced occurrence of frost and snowfall may have business implications for those that rely on the winter season.